Friday, April 30, 2010

On the Road to Dirty Thiry...May 1 is coming!!!!


Just one day left till Thirtydom!!! Since I can remember, thirty was always the grown-up age to BE, and I've been so anxious to finally hit it....it's almost here!!! I first posted this a few weeks ago, and have been slowly adding. It's finally done!

30 Quirky Promises to Keep
  1. Call Mom more often.
  2. Let my friends and family know how much I love them.
  3. Eat more cupcakes.
  4. Get involved in the stock market.
  5. Master making a signature martini.
  6. Floss. Daily.
  7. Live in the present (more often).
  8. Take better pictures.
  9. Give really big hugs.
  10. Indulge in girly products (I gave them up a few months ago as I was trying to be more environmentally sound. I feel deprived now.)
  11. Lay out a new hairdo every 3 months. Or 3 years (hey, I've sported natural curls since 1998. Change is tough!)
  12. Become acquainted with and develop a historical appreciation for a very specific kind of music.
  13. Spend more time with friends.
  14. Do something to make my heart flip and skip.
  15. Ask more questions.
  16. Wear less makeup.
  17. Go to the library frequently.
  18. Read the Bible.
  19. Buy a Karmann Ghia (or at least save up for one).
  20. Stop at more bakeries and farmer's markets to taste more savory delights.
  21. Trust more and plan less.
  22. Get carried away in the music.
  23. Take everything less personally.
  24. Dress prettier.
  25. Walk lighter.
  26. Really take my time when I pray.
  27. Take spring drives, summer swims, fall walks, and winter runs. In this order for 2010.
  28. Pet more dogs (the small ones, for now).
  29. Carry a lighter load (literally - empty out my purse each morning -I've had the sorest shoulder for the past 2 weeks).
  30. Enjoy the quirks of everyone around.

Ciao for now!

a

3 comments:

Mizrepresent said...

Love your list! Enjoy!

Felicia Monique said...

I love the succinct quality of your blog. I look forward to hanging around ... Quirky girls unite! =)

Allyson Reaves said...

Thanks ladies! Hope you both are having an awesome day. Will swing by your blogs soon!

ciao for now!
a

Post a Comment

Search This Blog