Thursday, January 17, 2013

23. The Untouchable $1,000



The woman shall have at least $1,000 in cash at her disposal at all times.

Borrowing a tip from Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace, earmark some of your income to create a $1,000 emergency fund - as a first step.  I'm a sucker for a sale (and outlet malls!) and so this has always been tough for me.

For a good while, I saved up $1,000 just to have at my disposal in case of anything.  After a solid 4 months, I fell off the wagon, and now I'm back to saving.  I can say, though, that during my $1,000 run, I felt more confident when I paid bills, more reluctant to make unnecesary purchases, and more faithful in my ability to build an impressive savings account.

Having money in the bank is less of a financial affair - it's more related to mental well-being. Find your way to both and sock that grand away ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog