Friday, July 9, 2010

Chasing love...even if it lands me in Italy....


For the first installation of some romantic story telling and sharing, I was stoked that my girl Jeaneen agreed to post. Here she tells her lovely story about how she found her soulmate............across the BIG pond.
So here I am 13 years old and I had my whole life figured out! I was going to get out of here some way somehow and the only way I could figure out how to do that was to get educated. I was going to do well in school, go to college for art, move to Florida and become a designer. I would have laughed in your face if you told me that I was going to live in Italy and marry an Italian, but believe it or not that is exactly what happened.

10 years later
I have 12 more months before I graduate from college. I’m so proud of myself for keeping my promise. I was so proud that I should give myself a gift. I should take a nice vacation to “Somewhere in Europe”. So finally after sitting there looking at Google map, I’d finally decided that I would visit Italy. I have so many questions, what are the people like? Where can I go that is not so cliché? Who can I talk to about Italy? For some odd reason I’d decided the best way to find someone is to use MySpace. So I stumbled upon this Italian guy who would like to meet all the citizens of the world, hear their stories and learn a lot from them. I had so many questions to ask this Italian guy but instead what did I write him… a chain letter that was sent to me from one of my crazy friends. Of course he thought I was spam, but after we got over that hump we’ve decided to chat online. Our chatting about culture, food and lifestyle turned into sharing goals, aspirations and emotions we could not fight off anymore. We could talk about anything serious, to intense or just being out right stupid.

After two months of sharing our feelings, I’d stopped dating other guys. I could not sleep without hearing this Italian guy’s voice. I could not focus, if I went to dinner with another guy I would always watch my clock and wonder what time will I get home, so I could talk to someone across the ocean that was much more interesting to me than this hot eye candy in front of me. LOL! It was clear to me that I had feelings for this Italian guy, but I felt like I needed to hold on to reality. GET A GRIP! He is across the ocean, you haven’t gone out with this guy, you haven’t seen him before, and you haven’t touched him. We’ve never went on a date. While half of my brain is screaming out loud what an idiot you are the other half is playing that ridiculous song by Zapp “Computer Love”

You know I've been searching for someone
Who can share that special love with me
And your eyes have that glow
Could it be your face I see on my computer screen!!!


I resisted so hard not telling him how I felt, because when you do, they always run from you. Then I thought to myself, where the hell will he run...offline!

Eventually, he said those magical words “I love you” and I almost fell off my bed with relief. Finally, I can tell him how I feel. After three months of online chats, I’ve decided that my gift to myself will be to visit this Italian guy in March for Spring Break...

To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog