Tuesday, May 18, 2010

New to Me Music - Nickodemus


One of my daily goals in the "Abundant Life Checklist" is to listen to new music and learn more about the artist. Living in Ottawa doesn't give me the chance to see concerts very often from international performers, but the internet sure does! Each day, I visit a new Myspace page to hear music from new and emerging artists. Although I've graduated to Facebook for the social stuff, the audio feature on Myspace keeps me coming back (BTW, you don't even have to log in. Just google the artist + Myspace, and it'll take you right there).

Usually at work while I'm typing away, I listed to Garth Trinidad's radio broadcast from the evening before. Last night, an artist by the name of Nickodemus was featured, and I was blown away. I'm not a fan of dance music, but this guy layers so many culturally rich music forms over each other - he creates masterpieces.
Just a blurb from the website:

With over 30 original songs & 40 or more remixes in the past 10 years, Nickodemus has carved a niche for himself in World Music & Dance Music by intersecting World & Urban sounds to make a unique dancefloor fusion of his own. Remixes for artists such as: Billy Holiday, Nina Simone, Thievery Corporation, Sultan Khan, Astor Piazzolla, Gilfeme, Dublex Inc, Boozoo Bajou, Karuan, Madrid de los Austrias, Truby Trio & more... Along with songs selected for Sex & the City & various feature films, the first song, "Mi Swing es Tropical," on his debut album, "ENDANGERED SPECIES," has been used for the recent itunes+ipod advert. See full discography nickodemus.com/discog.html

Check him out!

Ciao for now,
a

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog