I don't like the idea that money/financial conditions determine how we spend our time. Of course you can do free things like....
- visit the library....but you have to show government ID for a library card, which means you pay taxes, which means it's not quite free....
- go for a walk...what barefoot and naked? That ain't free either.
- just sit....outside? Then you'd get a fine for loitering. I give up!!!
So if we need money to live, I need more of it! Here's a (hopefully) profitable follow up to the Money I want you back! post....
Some new short term goals (and accomplishments!):
- The Polar Bear and I decided to eat out once a week. That makes it so much more special, plus we'll have more spending money for the road trip in a few weeks.
- Let's try a BYOB spot - most of the bill is in drinks anyway.....
- I got my refund from Expedia!!! It took FOREVER (actually, 2 weeks) and blood sweat and tears (well, just a series of phone calls at every hour of the day), but I got my refund for the cancelled flight (resulting from that silly ash cloud). Money's in the bank!!!
- Summer's here, so we're going to spend as much time outside doing as many free and active things as we can find. First big thing - the Tulip Festival!
- One day a week, my girls and I get together for a "Do-Tell Potluck Episode" once a week. 5-6 of us get together, bring a dish and a bottle of wine, and have us a feast! Splitting platters beats splitting bills!
And revisiting the ones from last week:
- I still need to turn in my receipt for work this week (to be reimbursed for food and travel on a recent work-related trip). The finance girl is out till May 19, so I've got to wait till then. That's what I get for dragging my feet.
- Just sent the H&R Block guy an e-mail about my refund (it's 2 weeks overdue, honey!)
- Made an appointment to consign my preloved clothes. The Polar Bear and I took some items to a drop off consignment shop and made an appointment for this coming Monday at another one. Gotta keep several pots brewing!
- REALLY spend less when I go to the grocery store tonight. I haven't been to the store this week yet. Will probably survive on the goods I got last week (tubs of spinach can last a long, long time!)
- Bring lunch every day this week. Grade A for last week! This week I need to do a lot better.
This one's not a goal - more of a confession. While galavanting across Europe (actually, I was pretty much stuck in one place), I missed a payment on my Dell account - uffa!!! So I called today to make an immediate payment and politely asked the representative to waive the $15 fee they charge to make the immediate payment. Money's in the bank (or, in this case, not as much was taken out :)
I'm on my way to being a financial grown-up. I'm so ready!!!
ciao for now!