Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Secret #4


I don't allow things to happen; instead, I focus on putting things into action. I've got to pull a 180 on that.

So I've done a few posts on unplugging, a deliberate opportunity to relax the mind, release priorities, put responsibilities to rest, and soothe the spirit - getting back to the natural state of a human being, not a human doing. I've found that when I schedule in my relaxation time, it's so much enjoyable - and I feel less guilty about not having a ton of things on the TO-DO list checked off.

The trick, however, will be building this as a mindset - a mindset of allowing things to be in their natural state...allowing people to be in their natural form...allowing decisions to be made according to natural factors and circumstances.

I'm an ENTJ (forceful, decisive indiviudals who are always looking for challenges to be surmounted and who constantly scan the environment for potential problems which they can turn into solutions....tireless workers who exemplify a drive for leadership, which is well-served by their quickness to grasp complexities, their ability to absorb a large amount of impersonal information, and their quick and decisive judgments. They are "take charge" people)....

a Taurus (solidity, practicality, extreme determination and strength of will)....

and a female.....not the most likely combination for allowing things to just be.

I just came across an article about allowing things to just be, and I just may try to work on a few things listed....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the lesson for me today - well, everyday. I always feel like I am trying to make things happen, so it was good to read your post on this. Thanks!

Allyson Reaves said...

I also really enjoyed the article on allowing ....gave me a new way to view (and respond to) circumstances, action plans, and people. It's made life in the present so much more evident. If you come across similar articles, please do share!

Post a Comment

Search This Blog