Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Rebirth of Slick.....(it's about time!)




So, people!

I've been sleeping for like a year. 

Most of you know that I've had two major losses - my Mom went on to be a soldier of a Higher Rank in Jesus' Kingdom last year, and my Grandma went on as Security Detail in September of this year.  Gosh, I miss them!!!  I search every day for their presence around me...every once and a while, they'll remind me that they're near.

I had an AWFUL day yesterday - deplete of creativity, love, attention, wonder, and curiosity.  I didn't see these blessings around me, but I prayed that I'd be full of all these today....and boy did God deliver!

I've been trying to build a life in Winston-Salem, NC since September, and it's been a bit tough.  It was hard to find all the hot-spots, cool wine bars, sexy cafes, and the socialites that fill them. 

It hit me on Thanksgiving when my sista-girl, Gabrielle came to town.  I've had it all backwards.  God should've really been first on my list of priorities.  I'd visited different churches in my new city, but I didn't go to church.  I prayed everynight, but I wasn't talking to my Heavenly Father. 

I changed my route (and 'tude) not too long ago, and all kinds of joy has come into my world! I've been hit with all sorts of inspiration lately, and I just wanted to share a few thoughts in case you're facing some trials of your own.......

1.  Pray honestly and boldly.  And faithfully.

2.  Be honest about what you've been through - when you're ready.  Your testimony will give someone else faith (shout out to Yogi Dada!)

3.  Surround yourself with people who know what to do.  Angela, who put a roof over my head /Jami, who planned a weekend getaway the anniversary of Mom's passing / Gab, who planned a trip to see me on Thanksgiving / Missy, who mapped out all of my Christmas time....I.love.you.so.much.  

4.  Find a church that you really like.  Winston Salem First has seen a lot of Allyson Reaves lately. 

5.  Reach out to someone else who may be going through the same thing to help them through it.  This one, I haven't quite mastered yet, but I'll keep you posted.

Ciao, y'all!
Allyson
ps - A very humble and sincere prayer for the families in CT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog