Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My Black History Month Journey of Celebrating Women in the Arts: Eartha Kitt


  • What can I learn from Ms. Kitt?  When you're forced to leave (a job, city, country) - BRING IT ON!!! When First Lady Claudia Johnson was offended by Ms. Kitt's perspective (Kitt remarked, “You send the best of this country off to be shot and maimed. No wonder the kids rebel and take pot.”) - she was blacklisted from performing in the U.S!!!  So she made a name for herself in Europe and Asia.  That's how big girls do it!
  • What would I ask her? Given your clear reputation as a sex kitten (which you carried with class!), what is your perspective on how black women are portrayed in today's hip-hop culture (videos, lyrics, and overall image)?
  • What's my favorite Kitt quote?
I`ve always said to my men friends, If you really care for me, darling, you will give me territory.
Give me land, give me land!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog