Friday, February 4, 2011

My Black History Month Journey of Celebrating Women in the Arts: Day 4 - Kathleen Battle

  • Kathleen Battle's lyric soprano voice and unique artistry have captivated audiences around the world, making her one of the most acclaimed singers of our time. She has appeared on the stages of the world's leading opera houses, including the Metropolitan Opera and Royal Opera House, Covent Garden, and the opera houses of Vienna, Paris, San Francisco and Chicago.
  • Kathleen Battle's appearance on the PBS broadcast of the Metropolitan Opera's 1991 season opening gala won her an Emmy Award for Outstanding Individual Achievement in a Classical Program on Television in the USA.
  • The question is not... if art is enough to fulfill my life, but if I am true to the path I have set for myself, if I am the best I can be in the things I do. Am I living up to the reasons I became a singer in the first place?  - Kathleen Battle
See Kathleen's rendition of Swing Low, Sweet Chariot with the Boys Choir of Harlem here .

Ciao y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog