Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I got friends in great places!!!


Ever have a ride or die kinda chick?  I think Nakia would be mine.  We've been friends for gosh....17, maybe 18 years? 

I remember when she pulled my 15 year old shyness to Kevin Brown (my first love, admiration, and absorption) at the park bench at the Island Rec Center....I was so timid that I ran away - and I ran HARD!!!!

I remember when she screamed with me as I hit the tree at the Burger King when I was 16 and dented the back rear door on my mom's Tracker.  Oh we wuz scurred!!!!

I remember when she healed me through my 20-something year old stupidity over LeJuano, and I laughed her through the blind date I tried to coordinate with her and Otis (that never happened, by the way!).

So my ride or die kinda chick wrote the sweetest post on my Facebook on the Friendship application (click the link if you come across it!) and totally made my day.  Thought I'd share it with the Wonderland...

ally? u mean my homegirl since grade school? u talkin bout the red girl w the wavy hair tht use to ride out in the tracker? that girl that use to stay up all night w me laughin abt the name Otis, & the blind date u tried to set me up on? the girl almost had me fightin in the club in charlotte, the chick tht has truly been my friend for as long as I can remember? yeah, I knw her, y wassup?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog