- Fruit being in season, cheaper, and very delicious. I'm in a fitness and nutrition challenge, and eating 5 fruits and veggies is one of my daily goals. I was never a huge fan of eating fruits (they're high maintenance - think cantaloupes; and messy - think oranges). Since it's been a focus lately, though, I've done a 180! I really like bananas (so convenient) and I'm getting hip to honeydew.
- Breezy afternoons on the deck, patio, gazebo, front stoop, terrace, fire escape, or swing. I do miss my South Carolina porch, but finding space anywhere outside will do:)
- Caribana 2010 in Toronto. Plus, the boyf is taking me to see Marshal Montana! yayyay!
- Roadtripping. Just finished the first one from San Francisco to LA with Mom, and I can't wait for the next one!
- BBQ's - It's a toasty 93 degrees in Ottawa, so we may have to postpone till a cooler evening comes by.
- Outdoor festivals. I missed Montreal's Jazz Festival, but I'm headed to Toronto's Afrofest this weekend:)
- Working out more. While most folks aim to be in shape for summer, I'm aiming to get in better shape during summer. Here's the thing - during winter, it was too cold to do anything outside, so what did I do everyday after work? Head to the gym. Now that it's summer, it's too hot to do anything outside, so what will I do everyday after work? Head to the gym!
- Low maintenance dressing. Summer is the absolute best time to search out 10 great frocks and rock 'em nonstop. I'm short and curvy, so putting together separates is always a challenge for me. Once I find a dress that complements my frame (and in a beautiful coral or cerulean color), deciding what to wear is no longer an issue.
- Playing outside. Contrary to #6, when the weather is lovely, playing frisbee or rollerblading outside is such a summer blast. Top it off with a snow cone, and it's on!
- Sweet Tea. Y'all know that in certain Southeastern places, you can roll into any Denny's, Outback, Red Lobster, Waffle House, or Ruths' Chris Steakhouse and order a tea....and you know how it'll come out. I've got to boil my own here in Canada, but there's no better time than now!