Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Top 10 Things I'm looking forward to this Summer


  1. Fruit being in season, cheaper, and very delicious. I'm in a fitness and nutrition challenge, and eating 5 fruits and veggies is one of my daily goals. I was never a huge fan of eating fruits (they're high maintenance - think cantaloupes; and messy - think oranges). Since it's been a focus lately, though, I've done a 180! I really like bananas (so convenient) and I'm getting hip to honeydew.
  2. Breezy afternoons on the deck, patio, gazebo, front stoop, terrace, fire escape, or swing. I do miss my South Carolina porch, but finding space anywhere outside will do:)
  3. Caribana 2010 in Toronto. Plus, the boyf is taking me to see Marshal Montana! yayyay!
  4. Roadtripping. Just finished the first one from San Francisco to LA with Mom, and I can't wait for the next one!
  5. BBQ's - It's a toasty 93 degrees in Ottawa, so we may have to postpone till a cooler evening comes by.
  6. Outdoor festivals. I missed Montreal's Jazz Festival, but I'm headed to Toronto's Afrofest this weekend:)
  7. Working out more. While most folks aim to be in shape for summer, I'm aiming to get in better shape during summer. Here's the thing - during winter, it was too cold to do anything outside, so what did I do everyday after work? Head to the gym. Now that it's summer, it's too hot to do anything outside, so what will I do everyday after work? Head to the gym!
  8. Low maintenance dressing. Summer is the absolute best time to search out 10 great frocks and rock 'em nonstop. I'm short and curvy, so putting together separates is always a challenge for me. Once I find a dress that complements my frame (and in a beautiful coral or cerulean color), deciding what to wear is no longer an issue.
  9. Playing outside. Contrary to #6, when the weather is lovely, playing frisbee or rollerblading outside is such a summer blast. Top it off with a snow cone, and it's on!
  10. Sweet Tea. Y'all know that in certain Southeastern places, you can roll into any Denny's, Outback, Red Lobster, Waffle House, or Ruths' Chris Steakhouse and order a tea....and you know how it'll come out. I've got to boil my own here in Canada, but there's no better time than now!

Happy Summer!

Ciao y'all!

A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog