Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Peek into the Day Life


Working in philanthropy is awesome. Especially when you can use creative approaches to defining and sharing your work. There are tons of dream jobs in dream locations that I still think about (like running a B&B in Capetown), but the gig I've got now is pretty much what I've wanted for a long, long, long time. I manage a program called TCFN (the Transatlantic Community Foundation Network).

It's a network of community foundation leaders in Europe, North America, and (as of just this month!) South America. It's really awesome to observe the community philanthropy movement in different corners of the world, and to be a part of it is 10x better! It's really cool because while I was doing a fellowship at the Center on Philanthropy and Civil Society, TCFN was the first organization to publish my research. Now to be behind the scenes of that same work....well, it's really exciting!!!

Every 6 weeks, we disseminate a newsletter, and I thought I'd share. This one is really special because it highlights community foundation work in various parts of Africa.

Download it here.

zoom zoom~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog